Thursday, March 2, 2017

Crazy Dress

Just a quick post about my crazy girl Samantha and one way she is just like her big brother (and me).  Yesterday was crazy dress day at school.  The sillier the better, so Sam was anxious to look the part.

I'd say she nailed it!  

After school we needed to do a little clothes shopping for Tyler, so we headed to a department store that begins with a "K" and rhymes with "Coals".  Sam wanted to go out with her crazy attire. I didn't mind.  So she strutted around the store completely oblivious to the clerks who were thinking she had wondered in from a homeless shelter.  

Tyler had that same self confidence.  Or in his case it might be more a lack of self awareness.  Either way, he is true to himself and really doesn't have much regard for the opinion of the general population.

Through my experiences with Tyler I have to say I've become very much that way also.  As long as I'm not disrupting anyone I'm perfectly fine just being myself.  I like that the kids think that way as well.

There was a clerk that raised her eyebrow and shook her head as she looked away.  Never one to turn down such an opportunity I took Sam closer and said "She did pretty well for being color blind didn't she?"

Crickets

It took me back to the days of Tyler walking through the mall with me, just chattering in his happy loud tone.  Most people would smile, or even make a comment about how happy he sounded.  And of course their were those few who were inconvenienced by his jolly demeanor.  He never concerned himself with that, he was just happy being Tyler.

Be happy with who you are.  Let your special person be happy with who they are.  As long as it's not truly disrupting anyone, being happy is what counts.  Even sneak in a little CRAZY now and again!

Be well and God bless.   Tom

Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!