Monday, March 13, 2017

Chance Meeting

Good Evening!

I have been so fortunate to meet many great people through writing this blog.  A goal for me was to show my readers that they aren't alone in their struggles.  Even I underestimated just how true this would turn out to be.  I'm overwhelmed and humbled to hear the comments and feedback about what is written here.

One such experience came about a week ago.  I've been selling a few things that have just been laying around in the hopes of purchasing a used jukebox for downstairs.  Trust me, when you use online marketplaces to sell items, you meet some interesting characters.  I make sure to tell my wife exactly where I'm going, I meet the buyer in a public place, and I take my watch-pug along with me.  After all, he could chew off someones ankle in about an hour flat.  

One particular transaction, I checked the gentlemen's Facebook page and could tell 2 very important things about him.  First, he has very strong faith (and lives in that faith), and secondly, he has a child who is a miracle to him.  Before we met up, and on a whim, I shared my blog with him.  When we finally met up for our transaction I found out that we had very different situations with our children, and yet we were very much the same.  He had read some of the blog and found a lot he could identify with.

What impressed me so much about "B" was hearing his story about how they faced the pain and struggles of not being able to successfully have a child.  It was a tremendous test of their strength and their faith, and yet they never gave up and they believed in their hearts that they would find an answer.  And their blessing came.  This man's story was a living testimony of being faithful.  

He commented to me that even though we had different struggles, there were also many similarities.  He seemed to find comfort to hear our story as well.  It was an honor and a pleasure to have met him, and we promised to remain in touch.  All of this from a Facebook transaction.

I look at every meeting, every conversation, every day, as an opportunity to teach, to learn, and to share.  I believe that people like "B" cross our paths for a reason.  I'm thankful when I am lucky enough to share stories with another father.  He shows that by living faithfully, and sharing his story, he changes lives.  May he and his family continue to be blessed, and touch others with their experiences.

Be well and God bless.    Tom




Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!