Sunday, February 4, 2018

My Dream

I believe that it is important for all of us, whether we are caregivers or not, to have a dream for something that we would like to have happen in our lives.  I would like to share mine today.

Having raised Tyler all of those years the one thing that I sorely missed was being able to relax.  It may seem hard to believe, but even after 2 years of Tyler living in his new home and being well taken care of it can still be hard for me to gear all the way down.  Its an issue that I've covered in other posts, but its clear to me that my psyche became so conditioned to run at high gear, that its become a challenge for me to think any other way.  I still have dreams that cause me to panic....dreams about being in a place where Tyler is needing to exit but I can't seem to be able to get him out.  Or there are times where certain situations or sounds take me right back to the worry and hyper-thinking of being a caregiver.  

I'm also very discouraged by our society in general.  It sounds negative I know, but I really do believe that empathy and sensitivity are quickly becoming a thing of the past.  Humans in general are not willing to help take care of their brothers and sisters, but would rather only make sure their own interests are satisfied.  

One place that I find special solace is the beach.  I'm one of those people that seems to find some kinship with the sounds of the waves and the vastness of the sea.  When all I feel is sand beneath my feet and an ocean breeze against my face I become quiet in every sense of the word.  

With all that said, by dream is to have a small place of my own at the beach.  A place where eventually we can retire and spend our days walking on the beach, having a nice cigar, and reading books about things that interest me.  Nothing fancy, nothing stylish.  No Facebook, no politics, no complexity.  Perhaps just living a simple life, maybe a part-time job to remain busy and have a little extra cash.  Every day I will have the warm sun on my face, and not a single day will go by without hearing the sounds of the ocean.

This is what I dream about.  And this is very important to me because it keeps me thinking of how I could spend the latter portion of my years.  

Whatever you dream about make sure you keep it close to your heart.  Don't give up on it and certainly don't let anyone take it away from you.  

Be well and God bless.  Tom  

Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!