Tuesday, March 30, 2021

A Post By Allen Schneider


Today I wanted to share the link for a post by Allen Schneider.  Allen is an incredible father and an amazing spokesman for special needs dad's everywhere.  His entire family takes the word "inspirational" and redefines it.

https://www.theautismdaddy.com/the-finish-line-my-most-difficult-day-as-an-autism-dad/?fbclid=IwAR03OKvBgTymohj5_7EtF6Z3-G96eWQHbm9b4vTb7FSRck3PXkbtQhc91e0

The host of this particular post is Frank Campagna, aka AutismDaddy, who is an incredible inspiration in his own right.

I can tell you that one of the most difficult thoughts that special needs parents face is how to manage a disastrous event with your child in the line of fire.  I can't possibly count the number of nightmares I have had where I can't save Tyler from something happening.  Its my mind playing out the fear of being helpless to save myself much less to save him.  Its the pure weight of being totally responsible for another human being manifested into terror.

Allen and his family have found running to be the most special of outlets for their boys and their lives seem much richer because of it.  But this story details their experience on the day of the Boston Marathon terrorist attack.  

The blog is so well written, and so intensely familiar to my emotions, that I could feel myself taking the journey with them, nodding all the way.

Please click or copy-and-paste the link.  Also buy their book "Silent Running" which is just as amazing as today's blog.


Be well and God bless.   Tom



Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!