Friday, September 20, 2019

The Return of Matty

A few weeks ago I wrote about a terrific young man named Matty.  I hadn't had the pleasure of running into him for a couple of weeks.  Lunchtime is a lot better when cross paths with him.  His attitude and open heart in infectious.

I needed to fill up the gas tank today so I stopped into the local food and gas mart.  As I stood in the checkout line, in walked Matty and his caregiver.  It only took a minute for him to have me laughing.  "Hey this guy is following me around" he said as I shook his hand.  He said they were going to eat there because "I gotta give McDonalds a break!"  He said his goodbyes and bounced on to the next thing.

The cashier commented what a pleasant young man Matty is.  I agreed and said he was one of the most special people in this world.  After all, he has a positive nature that isn't fake or done for show.  He displays a simplistic and natural regard for others, which is a rare and special quality.  

I shared the blog address with his caregiver.  She seemed a little puzzled at first but I think once she sees the blog she will remember that Matty and Tyler have things in common.  I told her that there was an entry about my meeting Matty and being so inspired by him.  He smiled and thanked me again.

Its me that owes thanks to him....for being such a rare and special person that can change the trajectory of my day with a simple laugh together.

Be well and God bless.   Tom


Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!