Saturday, March 16, 2019

Tribute to Pastor Dave

Recently we have learned that our Pastor has decided to continue his work in the special needs community and he will be leaving our church.  We all view this as a ministry and an extension of what he taught us every week within the church walls.

Pastor Dave and I met in an organic way, just two guys taking walks around the neighborhood.  Little did I understand that my walk with Tyler would lead us to him and his church.  Dave and I immediately discovered we had a lot in common.  We both had a passion for helping the special needs community, we both love football, and we both want a peaceful world for our children.  And like most people we have very profound differences, especially politically.  But we want the same things in life which is far more important.  Most of all, we both love Tyler and what is best for him.

Our impromptu meetings in the neighborhood turned into Dave introducing us to what would become Tyler's care agency.  My trust in him allowed me to follow his recommendations, which became the very foundation of Tyler's life today.  For this reason alone I owe him so much.

Once Tyler became established in his new home, he started attending Dave's church on a weekly basis.  Within a few months Dave asked if he could baptize Tyler.  We were happy to agree and attend the ceremony.  We immediately felt the incredible inclusion and love that the congregation has for Ty.    This lead to the girls and I attending each week, which has now evolved in my in-laws doing the same.  It has also lead to a few dozen people receiving new study bibles through Tyler's bible program.

As you see, Pastor Dave has touched our lives in more ways than we can count, and we are thankful that he will continue to be part of our lives.  But most of all, I'm proud to call him my friend.

Be well and God bless.    Tom

Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!