Tuesday, February 28, 2017

One Thing



I often hear Pastor Dave say things during his message that instantly bring me to a blog post.  This Sunday he said (I am paraphrasing) "Let your main thing be your main thing".  I like that thought and what just a few simple words can mean.

It made me think of the old movie City Slickers when Curly said the meaning of life was just one thing...



For quite a while everyone was trying to figure out what the heck that ONE THING Curly was talking about.  What he meant was, that thing is whatever is most important to you. Like Pastor Dave said...let your main thing be your main thing.  Ask yourself what makes you happy and let that be your focus.  That isn't to say that you can't have other priorities too. We all have facets of our lives that we hold in various degrees of importance.

For me, it makes me happiest to be a person that Tyler, my family, my neighbors, and my friends can trust and rely on.  I enjoy spending time with all of them and making memories in our experiences together.  Even when I'm working, I want those relationships to be fulfilling and meaningful.  That's my one thing.

If I focus on my main thing, the small stuff won't bother me so much.  It keeps things in proper perspective and makes me feel less disorganized.  It makes little annoyances roll right off of me.  

Find your one thing....your main thing....that brings you a sense of happiness.  Keep focused on that feeling and don't give focus to the negatives.  You might be surprised how things can become more clear in your life.

Be well and God bless.....Tom


Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!