Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Silent Running

As families who devote themselves to caring for disabled and special needs loved ones, we need to expand our world as much as possible.  It's critical to see the latest possibilities in medicine, therapy, and services.  It is equally as import to connect with others so that their stories can inspire us.  With today's technology making this easier than ever, we can do all of this with a few simple clicks!

Today I want to highlight a Facebook page called "Silent Running".  It is the story of a family with twin sons with severe autism, who found their passion through running.  As someone who gets winded tying his shoes, I find it inspiring that running became such a wonderful outlet for this family.  It's a truly unique story.  On Facebook you can find them by searching SilentRunningWithAutism



www.facebook.com/silentrunningwithautism


There is a link to their book as well, which I have ordered and will review for everyone at a later date.  I'm very excited to read it...

My utmost respect goes out to Robyn and Allen Schneider for raising two amazing sons in the face of adversity, and their allowing themselves to be open enough to let us all follow along.

Now...if you will excuse me...I have to use the treadmill (to hang my clothes on that is).

Be well and God bless.   Tom

Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!