Thursday, July 26, 2018

And Then This Happened

Its been a rough week for all of us....

Tyler currently is not feeling well.  His digestive system will slow at times and become filled up with gas.  The result is he becomes quite bloated and will sometimes even get sick because things aren't able to cycle through.  He also has ringworm which is being treated with a cream at the moment.  Poor guy....he deserves a free pass from ever getting ailments.

On Monday I left work as usual, hopped in my Jeep, and it wouldn't start.  In fact, it didn't make a sound, turn over, or anything.  We tried to use jumper cables to no avail.  We were able to pop the clutch and get it to start just enough for me to drive it to my mechanic.

But OH NO...this was not the end of it.  Since we have been getting rain by the buckets over the last week, our basement decided to become an indoor swimming pool.  Carpet ruined, miscellaneous items ruined, drywall ruined.  What a mess.

Shall I go to the rooftop and scream at the top of my lungs?  Shall I go home and yell at the dogs for no reason?  Shall I throw a tantrum??  You know what I did?????

I remembered how blessed I am, and everything felt okay.  I remembered that needing to fix my Jeep means I am blessed enough to have one.  Needing to repair my home means I have a roof over my head.  Friends, family, and co-workers offered to lend a hand.  Neighbors continue to ask how things are going.  That means we have people who care about us and love us.  Tyler is safe and supremely cared for even when he feels bad.

Carpet is just fabric and padding.  Something that you walk on.  A Jeep is just a piece of machinery that helps you come and go.  

The important things can never be lost no matter how much it rains. 

I am blessed.

Be well and God bless.     Tom  

Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!