Tuesday, January 10, 2017

So Many Thanks

Good evening!

I feel compelled to take a moment and thank the many people who have opened up and offered their feelings on the blog.  When I'm writing I compare the experience to standing on a stage where you cannot see the audience because the lights are pointed straight at you. So I can't gauge the reaction of the people who are in front of me.  Obviously I'm hoping and praying that it is reaching someone and making someone's life a little bit better.

I write the blog for four very important reasons:

1. I want to honor Tyler.  He is my son, my "brother", and my hero.  His charisma and personality is larger than life.  This blog puts his beautiful face, and story, and brings him to life in California, China, Russia, Canada, and many points all over the world.  While he is securely cared for in his home, he is able to reach people everywhere in the world.  I think that is a truly awesome way to tell him how much I love him.

2. Someone may be uplifted by our story.  Every time someone nods their head in agreement because they totally relate to what we have gone through, it has touched them. If the blog encourages caregivers to evaluate a situation and strive for positive change, it is all worth it.  If someone out there in any type of situation says to themselves "if this guy and this family can find the strength to move forward I can too", then the blog is doing what I hope it can.

3. The more people talk about autism the more it comes out into the open.  That is the ONLY way things change.  Things change when people speak up.  I can tell you without any shadow of doubt that Tyler's services would have been much different had we not spoken up for his needs.  We cannot sit back and hope things will change.  The squeaking wheel gets the grease after all!

4.  It is therapeutic for me to write here.  Writing is a great outlet for me, as it allows me to relay my feelings, good or bad.  I surely can't draw, can't dance, can't play piano....

Lately the feedback has been very kind.  I'm humbled to hear the emotional responses that the blog has encouraged.  To hear people opening up and sharing their feelings with me is the very inspiration that drives me to write more.  

So to everyone who has said they have laughed with me, cried with me, and related to my writings, thank you.  Thank you for reading and sharing our story.  Thank you for allowing Tyler to take his journey around the world!

Be well and God Bless.   Tom





Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!