Sunday, January 22, 2017

Its a Beautiful Day

It has been foggy all day today.  It's wet and cold.  I have to go on a business trip tomorrow which means I will be missing my family, my dogs, and my bed all week.  My Dallas Cowboys are out of the playoffs.  Tyler had a week with some aggression.  The political climate is stressful and ugly.

Wait......so HOW is this a beautiful day????  Have I gone mad???

I am alive.  The weather has an almost spring-like feel to it.  The city I'm going to will be fairly warm and sunny, and the money I am paid puts food on the table.  The Cowboys had a good season and the future of the team is bright.  Tyler is safe and with people who will help him and love him no matter what.  I live in a country where I am free to write this blog.

Its all about perspective you see.  And as a very smart spiritual leader said to us today, you have to see the dark in order to appreciate the light.

Negative experiences have an extremely important place in our lives.  They are teaching tools.  They make us appreciate the good experiences.  They are still steps in our journey which leads to bigger rewards.  Missteps are still steps.  

Our attitude is what determines a bad day or a good day.  WE control it!  I think so many of us forget that so easily (me included).  

Be the light for someone else.  A call from you, a visit from you, a hug, a kind gesture, could be the spark that the other person needs.  Show your faith through the example that you set.  Decide now that EVERY DAY WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL DAY because you have been given the opportunity to walk this journey.  Don't ever waste it.

Be well and God bless.    Tom

Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!