Saturday, June 15, 2019

Fathers Day Song

I've been so many things
From a bastard to a King
Spent days that would make you cry
And others to make you sing

One too many challenges
Traveled one too many roads
My bones became too weary
Carrying one too many loads

Above it all you needed me
Regardless of the rest
You only knew you needed me
And you had to have my best
You had to have my best

Empathy is just a slogan
That's sold without a thought
We will stand right behind you
Til the next time we've been bought

We care for the least among us
As long as we See it pay
When it doesn't fit the right agenda
We quietly make it go away

Above it all you needed me
Regardless of the rest
Even when society failed
You had to have my best
You couldn't live without my best

Even the heroes found among us
Are tied by kryptonite
Red tape and limitations
That keep us up at night

ISPs and meetings every month
Psycho-babble that fill our brain
We gather up in meeting rooms
Just to say the same shit over again

Above it all you needed me
To keep a level head
When the questions got too big
I'd answer them instead
I had to answer them instead

So to you my baby boy
I pledge to always know
Regardless of the world outside
How to keep us all in tow

After all it's only you
That needs me to come through
The world may try to break us down
But in the end it's only you
In the end it's me and you
All we have is me and you



Click to Comment!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! It will be added once it is reviewed. Have a nice day!